Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Worried and Nervous

What's up y'all?

Today I had a Dr. appointment with the obgyn. It had been over a year and half since I'd been, so I was overdue for my yearly visit. I love my dr. She's so awesome. I didn't realize that they knew that I had had my transplant though. And I was surprised when they were all (dr. nurses, receptionist, etc) so excited to see me breathing without my O2. My doctor gave me a big hug and told me how great I looked and how happy she was for me that I'd gotten my new lungs.

She also explained to me that my stretch marks were so big and red right now b/c of the steroids I've been on since transplant. She said that they will eventually turn silver/white. But that the steroids make them red and more angry looking. I'd never heard that before, so that makes me feel a little better. There were some white blood cells and blood in my urine test, which could indicate a UTI, so she went on and gave me an antibiotic to take for 3 days. Better safe than sorry with my immune system!

Tomorrow is my repeat bronch to check to see if the rejection is gone. *fingers crossed* I'm not nervous about the procedure at all, I've gotten so used to them now. But, I'm very nervous about the results of the biopsies. I'm worried - what if the rejection isn't gone? What would that mean? And why wouldn't it have gone away with all the steroid treatment? And what would the next treatment be? God, I pray that it is gone. And that it never comes back. I've heard that there is some theory that the more times you have acute rejection, the more likely you are to go into Chronic Rejection. Although that theory hasn't been proven. They believe that there could be a link. That is scary. B/c this is the 3rd time I've had acute rejection and I'm only 8 months post transplant. And it seems lately that I've been finding out about more and more lung transplant recipients who have gotten Chronic Rejection and are less than 2 or 3 years post transplant. I can't imagine what it feels like to hear that diagnosis. I pray that I never have to hear it. It is such a heart breaking outcome, especially when someone has gone through so much and gotten so far.

On a happy note - I found out today that Garran's bronch results were negative for rejection! YAY! So happy! No rejection for G-man! :)
Oh, and I'm not sure if i reported it or not, but Bree's (my lung-transplant twin) bronch results were negative too! YAY! No rejection for Bree!!! WOO HOO!

Fuck. Duke just lost to Maryland. Sonnabitch. Man and I have to be in Chapel Hill tomorrow. They are going to be talking so much shit to me tomorrow.

Anyways, I'm signing off for now. Going to watch the DVR til' I fall asleep. Please say a prayer for me tomorrow that everything goes well and the results say NO REJECTION!!!! Love you guys.

P.S. Please say a prayer for Jordan Ulrich, Miranda Sheppard and Eva Markvoort. They are all very ill right now and need your prayers and positive thoughts sent their way!


No comments: