Monday, April 20, 2009

Lights, Camera, ACTION!

 

Hey Ya’ll what’s up!

I know it’s been a little while since I wrote. I haven’t had a lot of motivation lately. I’ve just been sitting around and sleeping a lot. And adjusting to being truly single for the first time in almost four years.  Although I’ve been tired a lot and unmotivated, I feel like I’m emotionally in a good place for the first time in a long time. I wouldn’t say I’m happy, per say, but closer than I’ve come in a long time. I’m looking forward to the future with new lungs and new experiences.

Here’s the big news….Kimberly Van Scoy of Channel 11 news is coming to my house tomorrow morning to interview me!!! She wants to hear my story and talk about organ donation, etc. I’m excited but really nervous! She will be here at 8:00 a.m. so that means I have to get up at like 6:30 so Mom can help me fix my hair! I hope I don’t make a fool of myself! Wish me luck!

On the transplant front, my coordinator called me the other day and told me that my L.A.S. (Lung Allocation Score for those of you that aren’t familiar with the lung transplant lingo) did, in fact, go up a bit. So yay!!!! It’s still not very high compared to most folks, but any increase is better than nothing. Right?

My pulmonologist called me the other day and told me that my Tobrimyacin levels were too high, so she told me to stop taking it!!! Yay! No more I.V. antibiotics. So right now, all I have to do is flush it once a day until Wed. Then on Wed. I have an appointment to get it yanked in the Vascular lab and then I have an appointment with her (my pulmonologist) at 3:30.

Then, after my pulmo. appt.  I’m meeting Victoria and the fam for dinner and then it’s off to support group at 6:00. Dr. Haithcock is  speaking. (he’s one of the lung transplant surgeons) I’m looking forward to support group since I haven’t actually been in person in a while.

Anyway, that’s all that’s been going on with me lately, so if you didn’t know, now you know!!! :) I’ll catch y’all later!

Peas.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Sounds lovely! I hope you have/had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Real nice ! Many thanks !