Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hair, Makeup, Stat!

 

I’m back! And ready for my close up!!! :)

Greetings from Hollywood! Okay, well maybe not HOLLYWOOD, but hey, a girl can dream can’t she?!

My interview on Tues. morning went good. Kimberly Van Scoy was super cool and nice. And she is so pretty! She’s such a natural at her job. I was sooo nervous at first but she quickly put me at ease. It’s not everyday that you have a big ass t.v. camera pointed on you while you’re being interviewed.

I posted the video link on my facebook page. Aside from the fact that I looked like I ate my weight in food before the interview and that I sounded like Brittany Spears with asthma, all in all, I think the interview was a success. Y’all check it out and tell me what you think! Click on the link below!

My Interview

Moving right along, yesterday I had to go to Chapel Hill to get my I.V. yanked, see the doctor and go to support group. Now I am officially I.V. free and couldn’t be happier! WOOO HOOO! I would like to thank Percocet, for which I would have never been able to get through the painful first few days of the I.V. or the painful removal of said I.V.

I had a good doctor’s visit, everything went well on that front. Then we barely had enough time to get to the support group meeting before it started.

It was a great meeting. The transplant surgeon Dr. Haithcock spoke and I learned a lot that I didn’t know before hand, about rejection and other transplant related things. He is very down to earth and I feel confident in his abilities as a surgeon.

Then, after group, Jonathan and I (my friend who took me to chapel hill) went out to dinner with Victoria and her fam. to Ruby Tuesdays. Mmmm my favorite! I got my favorite meal and enjoyed every last minute of it.

We finally got home last night around 11 p.m. and I was exhausted. I’d had a long day. But, instead of going straight to sleep like I planned, what did I do when I got home? I stayed up ‘til 3:00 A.M. playing fuckin’ Farm Town in Facebook! Arrgghhh!!! Those animals don’t wanna be fenced in for shit!!! I was determined that I wasn’t going to lay down ‘til I had at least 3 of them in the fence. And that’s exactly what I did.  Meghann – 1, Animals – 0. 

I’m falling asleep. So I better go before I end up face down in this laptop. Toodles!