Thursday, November 13, 2008

20 miles from home + Empty O2 tank = OHH CRAP!


What's up Y'all.

Yesterday was an interesting day. It was bad b/c I had to end up canceling my rehab b/c I had to leave town early in order to make it to Chapel Hill in time for the support group meeting. So that sucked. I tried to reschedule it to an earlier time so I could make it, but they didn't have an opening. Sad

SO anyway, we ended up leaving around 3:30 to drive up there, which is good b/c it took us like 2 hours to get there by the directions given to us. We barely had enough time to go by Subway and get dinner. Plate

But, the support group meeting wasn't near as horrible as I thought it would be. Thirteen years ago when I was attending them, I hate them. I resented that I had to go to them b/c I felt like I didn't belong there. I wasn't getting any emotional support from being there. It only made me feel worse like an outsider b/c all the people there were so much older than me. And the way they talked was like everyone was competing with each other. I hated it. So that's why I was not very excited when I got "summoned" to last nights meeting by the woman that runs it.

But, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Granted, there wasn't that many people there last night. But there was one girl there that is 26 who has CF and just got listed for a double lung transplant. And then there was this 29 year old guy there who had a transplant in March. Plus a few others that called in on the conference speaker phone line. So it was cool. I felt less nervous and not like an outsider like I did when I was 14 and 15. So that was a pretty good time.

BUT of course, there had to be SOMETHING that went wrong. On the way home I ran out of oxygen. It wasn't my mom and I's fault. I won't go into how it happened or why, but suffice it to say, we were pissed when we got home. I had to go the last 10 minutes home without 02. and it was NOT fun. :-( Praying

But, once in the driveway, I finally got some o2 and got inside okay. A few minutes to relax and rest and an ice cold Pepsi later, I was recovered. :)

Okay Kids, the moral to this story is, well I'm not sure what the moral is rather than "Don't run out of oxygen." but that's not really a moral b/c it wasn't something that we did intentionally. Hmmm..anyways! I'm off! Big Grin

No comments: