Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's up my bitches! :)

Today has been an okay day I guess. Why, you ask? Well I shall tell you. :) Well first of all, No sleep episode!! yay!! Second of all, I went and spent some money on myself which I haven't done in a really long time. (thank god for discover card). I bought the bag I'm going to use for my "transplant bag."

What is a transplant bag, you ask? Well, it's the bag I'm going to pack all my shit in to take to the hospital. I'm going to pack it, or start packing it tomorrow. SO that when i get THE CALL, all I have to worry about is grabbing that bag and making that trip to the hospital. Sounds simple enough, right? I also bought a hanging organizer in the same Vera Bradley pattern, and a new pocketbook in the same pattern. :) Like I said, i treated myself. It has been so long since i bought new Vera Bradley! :) I won't tell you the total cost!! So anyway, that was very exciting.

Also, today, I talked to friend that I hadn't talked to in a while, Emily Long. My long time best friend from middle school. We also went to UNCG together and roomed together for a while. So I guess you could say she is one of my oldest and closest friends. We were like sisters. We just don't see each other that much anymore. She lives in Winston Salem and I live in Lexington. She is a busy bee. She has a real life and I'm struggling to get one. :) She is back in school AGAIN. Now she is getting her MBA at Wake forest, and working full time. Plus she has a wonderful boyfriend that she spends time with when she's not working or studying or going to class. So of course we don't really get to see each other that often. But, i called her today to tell her of my good news of being #1 on the list. She has been with me through it all, from the beginning. She was the only friend that was allowed back in ICU to see me when I was at my sickest with my initial staph pneumonia when I was 12. I think my illness was hard for both of us. Because we were so young, and it was so unexpected. I know she was hurting too. But she was there for me when I needed her to be. She'll always be my best friend. *awww*

I finished Tiffany Christensen's book, Sick Girl Speaks last night around 3 am before I went to sleep. It was a great book and I highly recommend it to any and everyone! Especially those that are going through or have GONE through a chronic and/or terminal illness. It's very inspiring. She's a great writer and great person and I'm thankful that she is such a survivor and that she has been able to use her experiences with CF and Transplant to educate us all. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better through my transplant journey. She's already helped me, as well as all my other new transplant friends that I've met online. It really helps to know I'm not alone!

On a bad note, my stomach has been so upset tonight. I had McDonald's for dinner. MISTAKE. Oh well, something had to go wrong, right? *rolls eyes* I'm signing off for the night.

Peace and chicken grease!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: