Monday, October 13, 2008

Pagers, Pain, and Vampires, Oh my! :)

What's up y'all?

Today has been rather ...well its actually been a little bit exciting. Just a tad bit, so far. I got my pager from the transplant team!! :) Yay! It's small and really cute. I mean, if I had my choice, I would have asked for a PINK one, but you know. Beggars can't be choosers :) Hehe.

There was a mishap today in Rehab. I was walking on the treadmill and I was going to go for 22 minutes today. So i was walking along, doing fine, and then like 5 or 6 minutes into it, my knee and hip started to hurt. Sometimes they start to hurt closer to the end, just from being tired and stuff. But this was different. It was only like 6 minutes into it and it was hurting! So I kept going but it just kept getting worse and worse. Finally I had to stop and lay down b/c my knee/hip was throbbing so bad. This was the bad knee/hip that i had surgery on in 05 and have 7 pins and a plate in the knee and a pin in the hip. Usually the treadmill doesn't bother it like that.

So I laid down and my therapist and I were trying to figure out why i was hurting so bad and we looked over at the treadmill..and...we realized that she had forgotten to lower the treadmill down flat! I had been walking with a 3 inch incline the whole time!! I never walk with any incline what' so ever! no wonder my leg was killing me! So now I'm home and still sore. I wish I didn't have a problem with CO2 retention so I could take a vicadin!

On a different note, True Blood last night on HBO was great! Bill and Sookie finally did the damn thing! AND she let him bite her. awesome. It just keeps getting better and better. I think I'm going to read the books that the show is based on. :)

Gotta go for now. I'll holla later!!!

No comments: