Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Please Donate if you Can!

Hidey Ho, Heffas :)

How are my loyal followers today? Well I hope! There's not much for me to tell right now. Yesterday, Tuesday, was spent fully recovering from my round of rehab on Monday where my leg almost was murdered by the incline on the treadmill. It was sooo sore yesterday. But it's all better today. :) Yay!

So, today I had rehab also, but instead of the regular 3:30 pm time, I had to go earlier, at 2pm. Which normally would be no trouble, if someone had woken me up before 12:30pm. By the time I got out of bed and got dressed and took my pills and then ate something, It was time to leave. So i had to leave the house only like 15 minutes after I had woofed down all 9 of my bagel bites. So needless to say, half way through my 20 minute treadmill routine, my tummy started hurting and I started feeling a tad bit nauseous. But, I battled it out like a trooper and was able to go an extra minute. YAY! 21 minutes! I rock! :)

Last night before I went to bed, I checked my facebook and found out that my old friend Ann's Mom had passed away yesterday morning in her sleep. She had been suffering for a long time from COPD and was on oxygen full time. I am heartbroken for Ann. I know how much she loved her Mom. And I know her family is going through a very tough time right now. Her mom was a wonderful woman and I have fond memories of her as well. So please say a little prayer for her family tonight when you say your prayers!

Also, I have an online friend Rachael Wakfield that is very very sick right now with a rare lung disease. She lives in the UK and is desperately trying to raise money so that she can come to the states, to Duke Hospital and be evaluated for a lung transplant. Without a transplant, she will not survive. Each day is a struggle for her. If any of you reading want to contribute anything to her transplant fund, to help her get to America, please do. Every little bit counts!

Here's the link to the "Breathing is Life" website that Rachel founded, to help educate others on rare lung diseases. There is info on there about how to donate to her transplant fund. Please help if you can! :)

Breathing Is Life

No comments: