Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shopping - the root of all evil.

What's up People?

Hope everyone is well. Rehab has been a bitch this week. I think they are trying to kill me. lol  Monday, I forgot and wore my flip flops to PT. B/c I was coming straight from Lexington and I had forgotten to pack my tennis shoes. So they worked my ass out. lol  Then yesterday, b/c my ankle was hurting, Kristen had me do only 25 mins on the treadmill. I thought maybe she was letting me off easy. But, then she announced she would be walking me over to the new Quizno's at the hospital, to show me where it is. Which consisted of going outside and walking up about 25 steps. Whew! It was so hot outside!!! Plus the steps! I thought i was going to fall down in a puddle and die. But, I did better than I thought I'd do. So, finally, when we got back inside the PT department, I thought maybe I was done, but then she announced I had 15 minutes left. So she put me on the leg press machine. Which I really didn't mind, but then she set the weight to 25 lbs and I about shit myself. I had to do 3 sets of 10 leg presses at 25 lbs each time. I was exhausted and red all over from being hot and sweaty. That's the most I've ever sweated in like 17 years.

Today was one of my days off from Rehab, so Vicki and I went shoe shopping. I needed to get some decent tennis shoes for Rehab(since mine don't have backs on them and just slip on). We went to DSW and I ended up spending way too much money. I got 2 pairs of tennis shoes and like 3 or 4 pairs of other shoes, and some socks and heel inserts. Then we went to A.C. Moore which is like a Michael's. I spent way too much money in there too. All b/c I want to make a scrapbook of my transplant experience. Overall today, my wallet is severely damaged lol  I have to remember to transfer some of my savings back into my checking lol  But, at least I'll have some more supportive shoes to walk on the treadmill with. Hopefully, it will keep my ankle/s from hurting.

Luke and his friend have left this afternoon, on their "man journey" aka "Survival trip" down some river. I'm a bit worried. There's no telling what he might get himself into. At least I know he can take care of himself.

Anyways, I gotta take another hike up the Pilla-layas and maybe watch a movie. See ya later!



No comments: