Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back in L-Town, aka Stale -Town, aka Lex-Vegas, aka Lexington,NC. (home)

What's up y'all!

I'm finally back in Lexington (Home) for a couple days. It's the first time I've been home since my transplant. It's been pretty good so far. We got home around 11 a.m. yesterday (Saturday). I took a nap for a while and then my friend Jonathan and I went to Sonic for dinner. YAY SONIC. Another first since transplant. Man I missed Sonic, something bad. lol It was a tasty treat. lol

Then, after dinner, I went to a party for my friend's birthday. It was good to get out and I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a long time, including a friend of mine that I hadn't seen since my transplant. (Brooke) Since I can't drive yet (sternum precautions) Brooke and her husband Josh came and picked me up for the party. It was fun and good to see everyone. I got home around 10:15 pm or so. Then watched a couple episodes of True Blood. Ahhh I finally got a fix. lol There is more to watch tonight before I'm all caught up. Man I miss my HBO and Showtime shows. Shit, I miss my DVR, period!

Today I went to church. I hadn't been since before my surgery. I'm glad I went but, when I went to do communion, I spilled my wine all over myself. lol Typical Meghann. Thanks a lot prograf! You suck! My hands were pretty shaky this morning, apparently lol The preacher acknowledged my presence and welcomed me back to church in front of the whole congregation, which was nice, but embarrassing b/c then everyone clapped. I hid behind my church program. lol

Right now, I'm hangin' out over at Lori Beth's house with her for the afternoon. I hadn't been online since before I left Chapel Hill to come home, so I hopped on via her laptop.

This morning around 8:00 am, my knee (the good one) woke me up. This is like, the 3rd time that this has happened. The other two times was back in Chapel Hill at the house we're staying at. Those times, my knee kept me up all night hurting when I was trying to sleep. This time I woke up from the pain shooting through it. NO matter what position I put it in, it still hurt super bad. So i had to get up early and wake my Mom up and get some pain medicine. It was hurting me so bad that I actually cried a little. I haven't even cried from my post tx chest pain. That's how bad the knee was hurting.

But, luckily the pain medicine helped in time for me to attend church. Probably b/c I took a lil extra than I normally do. (But well within my limit, of course!)But then, before church let out, the pain was starting to come back. So I had to take some more before I left to come over here to Lori's. I just don't understand why this knee is doing this. I would think it would be my bad one. The one with all the pins and the plate in it. I brought my pain med. with me over here, b/c I'm gonna be here for a while.

Later when I get back home to my parent's house I have a date with Neeko. I'm going to take him on our first REAL walk together. EVER. I'm so relieved that he seems happy to see me. He's been sitting with me a lot and paying me a lot of attention. I was worried that he wouldn't love me anymore or not really give a shit that I was there. Like, maybe he had forgotten about me. But he hasn't! Yay! I miss him when I go back to Chapel Hill tomorrow morning.

Later after I get back home to the 'rents house, my friend Emily is coming over. I haven't seen her since Halloween 08!!! Jonathan might come back over to watch some more True Blood. I'm not sure.

Tomorrow morning, around 8:00 am, I'm going to go by Physical Therapy at the hospital to see my girls. (my PT's for about 17 years on and off.) They are going to shit themselves when they see me without my o2. lol Then we're going to be on the road back to Chapel Hill by 9:00am b/c I have PT at 11:00 am.

Anyway, I wrote a book. My fingers are tired from typing. Until next time, stalkers. :)

In Rob's words, "I'm headin' out like a fetus!"

LOLOLOLOLOL



No comments: