Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shedding is for the snakes!

Hey Y'all!

I hope everyone is well. It has been quite a while since I wrote. I just haven't really had the urge or been in the mood. Sorry to have left all of you hangin', waiting for a post. I'm sure you were all checking and rechecking the blog constantly, waiting impatiently for a new post to arrive. HEHE :) Just kidding! That's what I've told myself at least. :)

Nothing new is going on really. I do have a slight bit of good news to report. I have lost 1 lb. YAY! I'm on my way to shedding my lardassness. Speaking of shedding, I am looking like a snake shedding it's skin these days. After nearly becoming a 3rd degree burn victim at the beach, I've been peeling like hell. It started like two weeks ago and it hasn't stopped yet. It's driving me crazy. It makes me feel freakishly unnatractive. Like I could be an act in a circus freak show. "Behold the Amazing Shedding Woman!" It's ridiculous! When will it end???

On a good note, the pool is now officially opened for the summer. Yay! So, now I can go swimming. I plan on doing some walking in the pool with Mom and Charm. Hopefully, that combined with the treadmill will help me to lose some of this weight. Mom and I attempted to start pilates also. It was insane. My knee wasn't right for DAYS afterwards. LOL. Oh, to be young again and limber. And to not have 7 pins and a plate in your knee and pin in your hip. Ohhhh..Memories! :)

I had an appointment with my pulmonologist in Chapel Hill last Wed. It went well. Thats how I found out that I lost a lb. That was the best news I've heard in a while. Everything else checked out good. She even complimented me and told me that I looked great with a little extra weight on me. She said that I looked sexy and voluptous, like a real woman! :) Well that's good, considering I'm almost 29! :) HEHE. After the appointment Mom and I stayed for support group, then went home.

Sunday, I went to the zoo with my friend Nate, his wife Susie and son Jonathan. It was fun. I took a lot of pics of the animals and spent a crapload of money on simple things like drinks and snacks. But, it was worth it. The only bad thing was that I got a little sunburnt again. Oh well. Shit happens.

Today I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. I ROCK. Then I was so tired, I promptly laid down and fell asleep for an hour and half until dinner was ready. I've been so tired lately that I've been napping a whole lot.

Gotta go. Here's to me getting THE call soon! Later y'all! Enjoy the pics below!


My friend Lori and I and her son Keegan at the pool!!!




The polar bear at the zoo!


1 comment:

Bree said...

Congrats on your 1 lbs weight loss. I myself have neither lost nor gained any weight.

Nor am i shedding. Like Amy, I will send you a Skin Box.

I hope you get the call too - but not before me so get the hell out of my way!!

I'm kidding. Let's get the call together, that way we can't be jealous of the other.