Friday, April 3, 2009

I hate you, lungs.

Hey Y'all.

*sigh* Once again, I'm going into the hospital to start some IV antibiotics. Right on cue. It seems to always happen in April. It's like my lungs have a force field around them that lasts only 11 months. Then, at some point during the 12th month (usually within the first 2 weeks) I'm forced to go into the "big house" for some much needed IV rejuvenation.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get online while I'm there. I probably doubt it, since my laptops don't work right now. I'm supposed to be there over the weekend, then hopefully get a PICC line on Monday and go home to finish the rest of the IV treatment at home.

I've been hacking non stop and wheezing like a bitch. I've slept a total of 3 hours within the last 2 days. And all 3 of those were night before last. My temp has been fluctuating between 99.4 and 100. I look and feel like utter horse shit.

Anyway, I'll write whenever I get a chance, which will probably be when I get home. Although I'm praying that the Internet Gods will smile on me and I'll somehow be able to come online at some point during my incarceration.

Wish me luck.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you all of the luck in the world...You're "lucky" that you only have to be in the big house once a year. My air bags are on an every 3-4 month routine and I go in 4 weeks at a time! I've tried home health and it's never worked for me.

Hope you are able to get online!

Ronnie

Tonya said...

Feel better Meghann! I am right there with you on the whole 11 month perspective. My month is February ;)

Unknown said...

Get well soon! Let me know when you've completed your jail sentence. ;-)

*BIG HUGS*

Kim :-)

Christy said...

Oh girl, I'm so sorry to read this!! And WHAT no computer???? Dang! There goes your sanity... I'm kidding. :)

I really do hope you feel better soon. I hate this for you.

Meghann "Former Queen of the O2 People" said...

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate the well wishes! I'm already feeling better. And hopefully tomorrow I will get my PICC ilne (or whatever line they can get in my scarred veins lol) and go home!

Talk to you guys soon!