Saturday, March 28, 2009

Full Mental Break Down Averted.

Hello Everyone,

How is everyone feeling out there in blog land? Me...I'm okay I suppose. Except for the slight mental breakdown I just had a few moments ago.

I was doing my bi-weekly check of the transplant waiting list (Click here for waiting list data) b/c...well, just b/c I'm curious and nosy like that. Don't judge me! Anyways, like I was saying, I was doing my biweekly check of the list and I ran across some disturbing information.

For a while now, I've been the only person with B blood type listed at my transplant center(UNC). And also, the whole state. (Duke is the only other center though hehe) But, as I was passing the time by browsing the waiting list, I discovered *GASP* that there was another B blood type listed as well!!!! NOOOOOOOooooooooo!

The possible implications of this discovery? This could mean that I have been shoved back on the list!!! Someone could have ended my rightful reign at the top, as Number 1!!!

Upon further, sneaky, investigation, I was able to discover that this person is a male, aged between 50-65 years of age. Which, actually made me feel a bit better.

THEN, Bree with her infinite wisdom, pointed out that while he may also be of B bloodtype, like myself, it is rather rare for grown men to be 5' 1. (My height) So, therefore, the chances of us actually competing when it came to available organs was rare. Since, lungs of my size would be too small of his body and vice versa.

So, mad props to Bree from stopping me from going into a full blown mental breakdown!!! Thanks girl!

Time for dinner, bitches!



No comments: