Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Bag that "almost" got away!

 

Hello my loyal subjects!

How are all my little kiddies doing today? Is everyone looking forward to Christmas? I am. I want my mp3 player so that I won't be damn bored when I do my rehab here at home. The treadmill is in my bedroom in the corner. And I can't even really see the television from there either. So I need something to keep my mind off of staring at the time as it counts.

Speaking of rehab - I did 25 minutes on the treadmill yesterday! *no applause necessary* I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't feel quite so lazy as usual. I must admit I have slacked off lately since Medicaid unceremoniously booted my ass out of Pulmonary Rehab at the hospital. But, now my Mom and I are going to work out at the same time each day. So hopefully, that will help me to stay motivated and focused on the prize. (NEW LUNGS)

What else am I looking forward to with Christmas, you ask? Oh, well I'll share. :) Most of all, I believe, I am looking forward to being able to open and carry around my new (and first ever) Kathy Van Zeeland bag!!! *and the crowd goes wild* I never thought I'd actually get one! I saw one online at Belk.com that I was going to order. But by the time I got the go-ahead from Mom to order it, that particular one had already gone off sale!!!! I was so heartbroken! So I gave up and just picked out an awesome Nine West bag at Belk here in town, and another smaller bag - a clutch. *sigh*

BUT- This past Thursday, Mom and I went to the mall in Winston-Salem to finish my Christmas shopping from them. We had to walk back through Belk on the way out of the mall and I decided that we should just check to see if they had any, just for fun. (The Belk at home doesn't carry them b/c they are sorry)

So, we found the part of the store that had the purses, and low and behold, there they were! A whole KVZ section! I was in HEAVEN. I swear, if I had had the breath (and leg muscles), I would have gotten out of that wheelchair and ran my ass right over and thrown myself up on the shelves with those glorious bags! BUT-

Since, I CAN'T breathe and my leg muscles are weak as hell, my Mother just pushed me over to the area quietly in the wheelchair. It took us a while, but eventually after looking through all the different ones, I finally found the one I truly wanted! The one that "got away" on the website! (went off sale).

It was if God himself had come down from Heaven and put the purse in my hands and said, "Here thy daughter, take this purse and cherish it, for it will always bring you joy and happiness. B/c you deserve it." *tears* And to my JOY, I was even able to talk my Mom into purchasing it for me for Christmas!!!!!! (even though it went like $10 or $20 over the before set spending limit - but hey, what are you gonna do? Some rules are meant to be broken! Especially when faced with such an awesome buy as this beautiful bag!)

When we got home that day, I immediately pulled my brand new KVZ purse out of the bag and promptly embarrassed myself by drooling over it and touching it and stroking it. I zipped and unzipped and zipped and unzipped, explored its inside pockets and squealed with glee over the rhinestone embedded Crown princess KVZ logo on the front.

Then my mother wrenched it from my hands and away it went, back in the bag, to the office with the rest of the Christmas gifts. I waved goodbye to it and told it not to worry that, "We'll be together again soon." I swear I think I heard it whimper as my Mother shoved it in the bag.

THEN - last night, my Mom was wrapping my Christmas gifts. Once again, I found the bag containing my beloved bag and freed her from her cruel plastic cave. Wherein, I swiftly began to play with it again for as long as I could. Then once again, my Mom took it away from me and it disappeared from view as she wrapped it up by dropping it down in a bag, only to be seen again on Christmas morning. *sigh*

Now, without further ado, here is a picture of my beautiful bag.

Don't hate Bitches! :) See ya'll later!

No comments: