Friday, April 9, 2010

Joint Pain, Oh how I despise thee!

Okay, so I've been on the 30 mg of Prednisone every day now for 3 days. Tomorrow is my 4th. The joint (ankle/knee) pain is not getting any better. I go back to Chapel Hill to clinic next friday. So hopefully they can figure something out. I'm tired of not being able to walk 10 feet without hurting. Its seriously affecting my life and everyday activities. I got new lungs so I could go out and do things and be active again. Not so I can sit on the couch or lay in my bed with my feet propped up. And to make it worse, my family basically just thinks I'm being lazy more than anything. I wish they had been through what I've been through and were feeling what I'm feeling right now, then maybe they would keep their pieholes shut.

Tomorrow is the Donate Life walk in Winston-salem. I had planned on walking this year, but with the joint pain problem, it's not possible. But, I'm going anyway and going to be volunteering. Not sure what I'll be doing yet, but it will be something at least. I'm just glad to be participating in some way. Then next Friday in Chapel Hill is the Donate Life concert on campus at UNC. I'll be volunteering there as well. Helping people at the registration table, to sign up to be organ donors. It will be convenient for me to go since I have clinic that day anyway!

Anyway, I'm going to sign off for now. I have a headache. Keep your fingers crossed that they figure out how to help my joint pain next friday at clinic!!! Talk to you later, my babies!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still oke???
Missing your updates...
Julia,
(from the Netherlands)