Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fuckin' Shit, Man! Such is my life...

What's up y'all.

So, Thursday I went back to Chapel Thrill and had my repeat bronch to check to make sure there was no rejection. After the bronch, Dr. Nueringer told me that my upper airways were inflamed and that I had bronchitis. BOOO. Ken (my coordinator) called me yesterday afternoon and told me they had the biopsy results back. Bad news. Rejection. AGAIN! FUCK! This sucks. They said that it could have been stirred up by the cold/bronchitis that I have. But, this is just very disappointing and worrisome. This is the 3rd time post transplant I've had rejection. (Well the first time was only like 2-3 weeks post transplant while I was still incarcerated-but still) I hope this is not a repeating pattern.  It would suck so hardcore to have waited so many years to get new lungs and then end up getting chronic rejection. It's not been a good weekend. :-(  Ken is supposed to call me back on Monday and let me know what the plan for treatment is. I'll keep you posted.

P.S. I met a sweet, cute boy. Yay!

1 comment:

Bree said...

Damnitt crap Meghann. Me thinks you will be fine though:) I understand that it sucks and you are in my thoughts and prayers woman!