Monday, May 25, 2009

Home from the beach!

Hey Y'all!

I'm back from the beach! And I'm as red as a lobster who's been boiling in a pot on the stove! I got sooooo sunburnt. I only went out on the beach 2 days b/c I was so burnt, I refused to step foot on the sand again! We didn't do much while we were there. Just hung out, hit the beach and went shopping a little bit. We ended up going out to eat a couple times for dinner. The first place was a seafood place (Uggh gross) so I ended up getting chicken fingers that were okay. The salad was good. The 2nd place was supposed to be really good. The motzarella sticks were decent, but my fries were cold as hell and the bread was a little hard on my sammich. Charm said her food was horrible. So we were all a bit disapointed with that place.

In order to get into the place we stayed in, there was like 2 sections of 8 stairs. So, needless to say, I definitely got my pulmonary rehab while I was there at the beach. The last time I walked up the stairs, my bad knee started screaming at me that this would be the LAST time she was climbing any stairs for a long time. Luckily, we were leaving the next day so I just didn't leave the house anymore until I walked down to go to the car to leave for home. :) Also, I had forgotten how difficult it could be to walk on sand! The neighbor had a golf cart, so he drove me to the beach entrance and dropped me off and picked me back up each time. That was super nice of him. Other wise my mom would have had to drive me across the street and find somewhere to park.

But, now we're home. My skin is still on fire slightly and now itching like crazy. I still look like a lobster. I hope this redness dies down and turns into a tan. The pool opens this weekend, so I'm super excited. I'm ready to go swimming. We noticed on our way into the neighborhood that they had already filled it full of water. Yay!

Well, I'm falling asleep, so I think I'm going to take a nap before dinner. Talk at ya later!



No comments: